«Yerevan Mathematical Machines Plant» CJSC was established on the basis of the experimental factory of «Yerevan Computer Research and Development Institute» founded in 1957, which was considered one of the leaders in the production of computing equipment in of Armenia.
Until 1992 the main area of the plant’s activity was the production of electronic computing equipment used in automated control systems of special purpose.
Since 1992 the factory has been engaged in production of special purpose products.
1994 Experimental plant was renamed to «Yerevan Mathematical Machines Plant».
The company was reorganized into a closed joint-stock company in 2000 in December (orders of the Ministers of Industry and Trade and Defense of the Republic of Armenia, No. 455 and No. 1220 of 2000).
Under the decision of 2004 No. 1409 made by the Government of the Republic of Armenia, the Ministry of Defense has been authorized to manage the shares owned by the company.
«YMMP» Closed Joint-Stock Company is a commercial company that has the status of a legal person.
According to the decision of the Government of the Republic of Armenia No. 1476- A of October 24, 2019, the Ministry of High-Tech Industry of the Republic of Armenia is responsible for managing 100% of the company’s shares.